Posts filed under ‘Holiday Gifts’
Can you believe it? It’s that time of year: decorations, presents, food and festivities are taking over! Whether you brighten the darkness of winter with lights on a Christmas tree or candles on a Menorah, the team at Cotton Clouds would like to share a few things that have made us smile with the hope that they bring you a smile and keep your spirit merry and bright!
A Better Wish List
Have you spotted this wish list on Facebook or Pinterest? If all holiday to-do lists looked like this, the world would be a better place!
Cotton Clouds Pin to Win Winners
Our first Pin to Win event was a great success! A reminder to the winners to please get in touch to confirm your email address by December 21, 2014! We love Pinterest as a way to share what you love with others and we have found wonderful inspiration ourselves in taking the time to explore your wishlists. Check out these Pinterest Wish Lists of the winners of our contest:
- Maryann’s My Favorite Crafts
- Walter’s Knitting & Yarn
- Sherry’s Cotton Clouds Wishlist
- Ann’s Weaving board
- Kalyani’s Cotton Clouds Wishlist
Keep on Crafting
We do hope that you make time to indulge in your favorite crafting activity!
- Keep it enjoyable with your favorite mug of coffee, tea, or hot chocolate!
- Remember to stop and stretch! You wouldn’t want to bring on a craft-related injury!
- Make your supply list and check it twice. CottonClouds.com has all the tools of the trades!
Balance with Feng Shui
December can be a tricky time of year as there is so much to balance. Have you considered Feng Shui, the ancient Chinese practice of environmental and interior design? The tips we are sharing here are quite easy to try during the holidays – Thank You! to Sandy Sue of balanceyourlife.net!
Gift Certificate Special
Sometimes the best gift is the gift you select yourself! Now through December 15, 2014, any $100 (or larger) gift certificate ordered will get FREE SHIPPING when they are redeemed. Click here to order the perfect gift for everyone you love…that’s you too!
Looking Ahead to 2015
Pretty soon we will be flipping the calendar to 2015. Cotton Clouds is planning a few fun activities to welcome in the new year! Stay tuned to our Facebook page and make sure you’ve signed up for our newsletter for all the details!
May you have the Happiest of Holidays this season and a Happy New Year from Cotton Clouds!
A Cornucopia of Great Ideas from CottonClouds.com
Halloween just finished and with Thanksgiving only three weeks away decorating season is in full swing! Here at Cotton Clouds we’d like to help you stuff as much fun as you can into this holiday season. We have free patterns, sales a-plenty, and a great giveaway with lots of prizes – read all about the Cotton Clouds Pin It to Win contest below!
Gobble Up These Savings!
Mix and match colors of any of Cotton Clouds’ Cone Yarns on orders of $200 or more and receive free shipping as part of our Yarn Sale! Mini cones are now included in this sale. Until December 1, 2014 when you purchase any time-saving kit offered through CottonClouds.com, as part of a $35 order or more, you can also receive free shipping! We have kits for your craft of choice: weaving, knitting and crochet, and this is a great way to get your project supplies ready to go.
Cotton is Your Go-To for Tablesettings
The easy care of cotton products makes it a great choice for napkins, placemats and runners on your table. Try these fabulous ideas for a complete cotton tablescape:
- Cornucopia Placemats and Napkins Set (shown above, top)
- Combine several cotton bolls with pumpkins or greenery like fig or bay leaves and you have a festive and easy centerpiece as well!
- Christmas Overshot Runner (shown above, bottom)
Pin It and Win!
Cotton Clouds is hosting a Pin It to Win contest. Create your own Christmas Wish List board and pin away! Use your board to shop for yourself, for gift ideas or to let your Santa know what you want! Check back daily for new pins to add to your board! Earn a bonus entry for every Facebook friend you invite to enter. On December 4, 2014, 5 lucky pinners will win CottonClouds.com gift certificates – a nice prize to help you shop this holiday season, for others or yourself!
Carve Out Time To Craft
We understand this is a busy time of year between holiday preparations, cooking your favorite family recipes, and traveling to visit relatives. When you are able to carve out time for your favorite craft, pick a quick project for the near-instant gratification! We’ve recently added two Pinterest boards devoted to these quick projects: Hats and Ornaments.
Cotton Clouds Gift Certificates
A Cotton Clouds Gift Certificate allows you to give a loved one (and even yourself) the choice of quality yarns, fibers, kits, club membership, spinning wheels, weaving looms, books, DVD’s and more!
Let’s Have Some Halloween Fun!
Are you ready to fill your Fall with fun? Cotton Clouds prefers the sweet and silly to spooky and scary, so check out our round-up of ideas to cover your crafty needs this month!
Cotton Up to Halloween Costumes!
Right now Pinterest is full of wonderful Halloween Costume ideas. Of course we pinned several to our Halloween Fun board! What better costume for any cotton fan? We get such a giggle each time we look at the adorable “Cotton Boll Kid” as we have come to refer to her, and how wonderful are the cotton ball wigs?
Festive Cotton Decorations!
Time to get festive! Sure pumpkins and candy corns may dominate the color palette, but don’t be afraid to branch out and make use of the other seasonal colors! Why not include cotton bolls in your tablescape? They provide a lovely neutral – aren’t they pretty in these images?
- Fall Fiesta Placemats (top center)
- Allegoro Harvest Runner (bottom center)
- 10″ or 15″ Cricket Rigid Heddle Weaving Studio Special
Spin Up a Scary Yardage!
- Monster Mile Cotton Spinning packs (only available until October 15, 2014!)
- Black Diamond Bamboo Sliver
- Multi-colored Hand dyed Supima Sliver (shown above in Sunflower)
Quick & Easy Knit or Crochet Projects!
Our go-to yarn choice for each of these quick knit or crochet projects would be Tahki Cotton Classic! Shown above are:
Free Shipping: Special Treat in our Newsletter!
Click HERE to subscribe to our e-newsletter with sales, specials, what’s new, hints & tips, free patterns & more!
Here’s to a Safe & Happy Halloween with lots of treats! Feel free to let us know how your spinning & weaving is going – share a link to your project or post a picture to our Facebook page!
Irene & Jodi
Knowing what’s right!
Sometimes in life you just know that you must put all your heart and soul into something even when there will be no financial gain.
An Idea Is Born
The Natural Dye Project
More Than A Living Wage
Rocío Mena Our Angel
Yes, a HUGE Success!
How you can support this project.
The Natural Dye Project Team
Follow Rocío’s Journey in San Rafael
What’s the perfect way to stay motivated in your weaving all year long while making a great group of projects? A weaving club! Cotton Clouds offers many 6 and 12 month clubs for weavers of all skill levels. Check out these great club options for every weaver’s favorite project: towels.
Towels are a perennial favorite among weavers, and for good reason. With such a simple shape and relatively small size, there are endless ways to experiment! Cotton Clouds Kit of the Month clubs are a great way to try your hand at a lot of projects while reaping plenty of handy benefits:
- You’ll save time because shipments arrived regularly and include everything you need to get started right away.
- You’ll stay motivated with a steady delivery of inspiring projects – join any club for 6 months to receive a kit every other month, or choose the 12-month option for a new project each month.
- And you’ll save money with free shipping and never having to purchase more yarn than you need.
Drop a hint to Santa that a membership in one of our towel clubs is the perfect thing to leave under the tree. Also, for a limited time, the first 25 members in each 12-month club will get our exclusive 2014 Year of Towels calendar!
Discover and delight in these projects to weave using any two-shaft loom. Weave structures include plain weave, waffle weave, houndstooth plaid, log cabin and pick up stick technique. Click here to learn more.
Choose from 6 or 12 projects that are perfect for kitchen, sauna, or bath. Click below to watch a video tour of all the great projects in this club. Click Here to watch Treasury of Towels video.
These designs from Handwoven’s 21st Century Towel Contest are perfect for four shafts and will keep you weaving all year long. Choose the basic club to receive enough materials to make 2-3 of each towel, or the deluxe club if you’d like to make 4-6 towels from each kit. A personal favorite from this club are the Designing With Color waffle weave kitchen towels. This is the perfect project for anyone who wants to experiment with color. You will receive four colors to work with; one color for the border and three colors for the waffle weave squares. Click here to learn more.
Not all towels in this club require eight shafts; some use five or six. All, however, show the advantages in design and use of weave structure provided by more than four shafts. Weave towels in M’s and O’s, in variations of lace, undulating twill, and more! Click here to learn more.
Discover and delight in these projects from our newest Best of Handwoven: Top 10 Towels on 4-shafts e-book from Interweave Press. Each of these towel projects (except one which can be adjusted) can be woven on your 18″-20″ four-shaft loom. Click here to learn more.
Enjoy one of these clubs and keep yourself weaving all through the year! Or, if the Santa in your family isn’t quite sure which club to choose, there are always gift certificates, which you can spend on joining the club of your choice.
Happy holidays – here’s to a warm and handwoven 2014!
Can you believe there are only 5 days until Christmas!
If there are crafty people on your list, sometimes it can be hard to know what to get them. Don’t stress, we’ve got suggestions for great gifts that the fiber-lovers in your life will be happy to receive.
Our Five Tips to Relieve Pre-Season Stress will help you get through the holidays healthier and happier!
FOR THE NOVICE WEAVER
- Cricket Loom Studio Special: Schacht’s rigid-heddle loom has been making waves recently, and will be featured in the December issue of Martha Stewart Magazine. The Studio Special includes everything needed to learn how to use this great loom: a 10″ or 15″ Cricket loom, The Weaver’s Idea Book, Weaving on a Rigid Heddle DVD, and the Bambu 7 Summer Scarf kit.
- Anything But Plain Towel Kit: Once you’ve got the basics of the Cricket down, try your hand at the weaver’s perennial favorite project – towels! Each kit comes with enough of our best selling Aurora Earth yarn to make four 16″ x 24″ towels.
- Yummy BonBons Scarf Kit: Fancy Schmantzy’s scarf kit is woven from a combo of yarns in fiesta colors with plenty of shimmer and sparkle. It’s perfect for weaving on a Cricket loom and is a bold accent to any wardrobe.
FOR THE ECO-CONSCIOUS
For the sustainably-minded on your list, we love Pakucho Organic Cotton. Not only are these yarns organic and available in 12 naturally-colored shades, but the cotton is also grown and produced on a local cooperative in Peru where all employees make a fair income. Try one of these ideas in Pakucho for a gift that’s gorgeous and green!
FOR THE SHAWL COLLECTOR
Shawls and scarves are a wardrobe staple for many weavers – you can never have enough! Our kits for these favorite accessories provide just the right amount of yarn in gorgeous color combos so there’s no waste and no need to buy more yarn than you need.
GIFTS UNDER $25
- Lo-Lo Body Bar: Lo-Lo Bars from Bar-Maids are for people who wish to proactively protect, defend, and restore their skin to baby bottom softness. They’re made with the finest local ingredients available, creating non-greasy, non-sticky, non-flaky combinations that penetrate multiple layers of skin to soften and nourish.
- Potholder Loom with Cotton Loops: There’s probably someone you know who made potholders on a loom like this when they were a child. It’s one of those wonderful old-fashioned inventions that’s still popular and useful today. Making potholder is also a great activity to do with kids!
- Cross-Stitch Pillow & Greeting Card: This kit is perfect for the person on your list who loves both weaving and needlepoint. This quick and easy cross-stitch design is done right on the loom while the fabric is under tension for beautiful results!
For lots more gifting inspiration, check out our Pinterest account! There are more ideas for gifts under $25, Pakucho organic cotton, gorgeous shawl kits, and more! Plus our newest Pinterest Gifts Under $50 will help you choose the perfect gift for someone special!
And if you’re shopping for someone picky or are down to the wire and still haven’t found just the right gift, try a Cotton Clouds gift certificate! Available in any amount over $25, a gift certificate allows the recipient to choose from any of our quality yarns, fibers, kits, club memberships, spinning wheels, weaving looms, books, DVDs and more! Plus, it’s easy to order – we can email or mail the gift certificate to you or directly to recipient.
Wishing you happy hand-made holidays!