Great Gift Ideas for Everyone On Your List!
Can you believe there are only 5 days until Christmas!
If there are crafty people on your list, sometimes it can be hard to know what to get them. Don’t stress, we’ve got suggestions for great gifts that the fiber-lovers in your life will be happy to receive.
Our Five Tips to Relieve Pre-Season Stress will help you get through the holidays healthier and happier!
FOR THE NOVICE WEAVER
- Cricket Loom Studio Special: Schacht’s rigid-heddle loom has been making waves recently, and will be featured in the December issue of Martha Stewart Magazine. The Studio Special includes everything needed to learn how to use this great loom: a 10″ or 15″ Cricket loom, The Weaver’s Idea Book, Weaving on a Rigid Heddle DVD, and the Bambu 7 Summer Scarf kit.
- Anything But Plain Towel Kit: Once you’ve got the basics of the Cricket down, try your hand at the weaver’s perennial favorite project – towels! Each kit comes with enough of our best selling Aurora Earth yarn to make four 16″ x 24″ towels.
- Yummy BonBons Scarf Kit: Fancy Schmantzy’s scarf kit is woven from a combo of yarns in fiesta colors with plenty of shimmer and sparkle. It’s perfect for weaving on a Cricket loom and is a bold accent to any wardrobe.
FOR THE ECO-CONSCIOUS
For the sustainably-minded on your list, we love Pakucho Organic Cotton. Not only are these yarns organic and available in 12 naturally-colored shades, but the cotton is also grown and produced on a local cooperative in Peru where all employees make a fair income. Try one of these ideas in Pakucho for a gift that’s gorgeous and green!
FOR THE SHAWL COLLECTOR
Shawls and scarves are a wardrobe staple for many weavers – you can never have enough! Our kits for these favorite accessories provide just the right amount of yarn in gorgeous color combos so there’s no waste and no need to buy more yarn than you need.
GIFTS UNDER $25
- Lo-Lo Body Bar: Lo-Lo Bars from Bar-Maids are for people who wish to proactively protect, defend, and restore their skin to baby bottom softness. They’re made with the finest local ingredients available, creating non-greasy, non-sticky, non-flaky combinations that penetrate multiple layers of skin to soften and nourish.
- Potholder Loom with Cotton Loops: There’s probably someone you know who made potholders on a loom like this when they were a child. It’s one of those wonderful old-fashioned inventions that’s still popular and useful today. Making potholder is also a great activity to do with kids!
- Cross-Stitch Pillow & Greeting Card: This kit is perfect for the person on your list who loves both weaving and needlepoint. This quick and easy cross-stitch design is done right on the loom while the fabric is under tension for beautiful results!
For lots more gifting inspiration, check out our Pinterest account! There are more ideas for gifts under $25, Pakucho organic cotton, gorgeous shawl kits, and more! Plus our newest Pinterest Gifts Under $50 will help you choose the perfect gift for someone special!
And if you’re shopping for someone picky or are down to the wire and still haven’t found just the right gift, try a Cotton Clouds gift certificate! Available in any amount over $25, a gift certificate allows the recipient to choose from any of our quality yarns, fibers, kits, club memberships, spinning wheels, weaving looms, books, DVDs and more! Plus, it’s easy to order – we can email or mail the gift certificate to you or directly to recipient.
Wishing you happy hand-made holidays!